Due to its many beneficial characteristics, Epsom salt is a favorite way to combat acne. The sulfur part of the compound has antibacterial and antiinflammatory properties that help to desinfect the skin and to reduce redness and irritation. Epsom salt soothes and softens the skin and helps to clean the pores from excessive oil, dirt and bacteria, so that the skin can start to repair itself.
- For quick cleansing, gently massage a handful of Epsom salt into the wet skin. Rinse afterward.
- For thorough cleansing, mix ½ tablespoon of Epsom salt to your daily cleansing cream and massage gently over the affected area. Leave on for 15 minutes and wash with cold water afterwards.
- If you have only a few pimples, soak cotton ball in the solution of water and Epsom salt and place it directly on the pimples for 15 minutes. To prepare the solution, dissolve 2 tablespoon of Epsom salt in a cup of water.
- If you face is covered in acne, you might need an acne mask. Mix ½ tablespoon of Epsom salt with 1 table spoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of cognac and 1 tablespoon of dry milk. Apply to the affected area and let it dry. Then rinse with cold water.
- For acne in other parts of the body, like neck, chest, back or upper arms, it is more practical to prepare a soak in a bath tub.
- To treat your acne from inside, you might apply an Epsom salt colon cleanse to get rid of excessive toxins and junk.
- Add a teaspoon of Epsom salt and 3 drops iodine into a half cup of boiling water. Apply this mixture to the blackheads with a cotton ball.